This beef stew seasoning adds so much flavor to beef stew. It’s salty, savory, and a little bit sweet. Mix up a double batch of this seasoning so you have it for a last minute beef stew recipe.
What Does Stew Seasoning Taste Like?
One thing you want to make sure of when you’re making a seasoning for beef stew is that you have a balance between sweet and savory.
This stew seasoning has mixture of garlic, brown sugar, and delicious seasonings that compliment the hearty ingredients in this beef stew recipe.
Beef stew seasoning tastes like a herby combination of thyme, garlic, salt, and more! You also want to make sure you add a little flour to any beef stew seasoning to make sure your beef stew thickens just right!
How much rub should I use?
Per 1 lb. of beef —> use around 2 tablespoons of dry rub.
Beef Stew Seasoning-What You Need
Here is everything you need to mix up a big batch of this beef stew seasoning.
- Dried rosemary
- Black pepper
- Dried thyme
- Onion powder
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic powder
- Brown sugar
- White whole wheat flour
Want to add spice?
Do you like your beef stew with a little more kick? Add 1/8-1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper or chipotle pepper to add some spice to your beef stew.
Want to add sweet?
You can add a little bit more sweetness to your beef stew seasoning by adding more brown sugar or a little bit of cinnamon for a delicious and complex flavor!
How Do You Use Beef Stew Seasoning?
You can use beef seasoning a few different ways!
- Coat your beef! We use our beef seasoning by coating large chunks of beef with beef seasoning, searing them, and then adding them to beef stew! We do it this way because it adds flavor to the beef and the stew at the same time!
- Add it to the stew! You can also add a few tablespoons of this beef stew directly into a beef stew and whisk the stew until it dissolves and thickens!
Store your beef stew seasoning in a glass, airtight container in a cool place such as a cabinet. This recipe will last up to 3 months.
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white whole wheat flour
- Place all ingredients for the beef stew seasoning into a large glass container or mason jar.
- Then, stir the spices together to create your rub.
- Seal jar and store in a dry, cool place.
Tips & Notes
This recipe works for 2 lbs. of beef.
Serving Size: 1/1