These Feta Spinach Grilled Turkey Burgers aren’t simply any ol’ turkey burger! They’re made with garlic, spinach, and feta, are completely juicy and extremely flavorful. They’re made with only a few substances, are simple to make, and nice for meal prep, too! No grill? No downside. Stovetop directions included!
Your seek for a scrumptious Grilled Turkey Burger is over!
Once you consider a turkey burger, there’s a very good probability your quick thought is one thing that’s bland, dry…meh. However I promise you, these turkey burgers are removed from all these issues. Get able to take a chunk out of probably the most flavorful, juicy, scrumptious burger. Feta Spinach Grilled Turkey Burgers are made particularly flavorful with the addition of recent garlic, Italian seasoning, and crushed pink pepper flakes. High that off with creamy chunks of feta cheese and oh my are these ever so tasty! I personally love the addition of feta cheese on this recipe, nonetheless, be happy to make use of no matter cheese you want to or omit it altogether for a dairy-free possibility.
Questioning which floor turkey you need to select?
Just like floor hamburger, floor turkey is offered in numerous quantities of fats content material from 80% to 99%. I virtually all the time select 93% when cooking with floor turkey. It’s the proper quantity of fats serving to no matter it’s that you simply’re making from turning out too dry.
This put up accommodates affiliate hyperlinks that won’t change your value however will share some fee.
Substances for Feta Spinach Grilled Turkey Burgers
For the burgers:
- Olive oil – for sautéing the spinach and garlic.
- Spinach – a sneaky means so as to add veggies to your burgers.
- Garlic cloves – sautéed garlic provides an ideal taste to those burgers.
- Floor turkey – I like to recommend 93% floor turkey for the very best outcomes.
- Feta cheese – you’ll be able to’t go mistaken with crumbled feta! The ingredient that takes these burgers to the subsequent stage. Omit for dairy-free.
- Dried Italian seasoning – a mix of spices together with basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, or sage.
- Crushed pink pepper flakes – provides just a bit kick.
- Sea salt & pepper
For the non-compulsory Tzatziki sauce:
- English cucumber – grated and squeezed to take away a number of the water.
- Plain Greek yogurt – any plain greek yogurt will work (non-fat, 2%, or complete). For a dairy-free or Entire30 Tzatziki, strive our Paleo Tzatziki Sauce.
- Lemon juice – we like to make use of recent lemon juice. Try this manual juicer.
- Olive oil – avocado oil can also be an ideal possibility.
- Recent dill – You can additionally use dried dill if you want. Though, recent dill does give it a extra genuine taste.
- Garlic cloves – extra garlic!
- Salt & pepper
For 10% off of all Primal Kitchen merchandise use code: REALFOODRDS
The way to make Feta Spinach Grilled Turkey Burgers
- Step 1: Preheat the grill to 425ºF-450ºF.
- Step 2: Sauté the spinach and garlic. Place a pan over medium warmth on the range or grill. Add oil and as soon as sizzling add the roughly chopped spinach and garlic. Cook dinner till spinach is wilted. Take away from warmth and let cool barely earlier than making the burgers.
- Step 3: Make the burgers. In a bowl mix the entire substances and blend nicely. Spray fingers with somewhat cooking spray and kind into 4-5 massive patties. Patties will weigh about 6 oz. every if making 4 (4.Eight ouncesif making 5). Press a number of further crumbles of feta cheese into the patties for further tacky goodness.
- Step 4: It’s time to grill. Grill for 10 min on one facet, flip and grill for one more 6-Eight min or till cooked by means of (160ºF inside temp).
- Step 5: Take pleasure in! Serve between a bun, wrapped in a lettuce leaf or on prime of greens with fixings of your alternative akin to onions (suggest pickled onions), lettuce leaf, tomatoes, cucumber slices, feta crumbles and/or tzatziki sauce.
The way to make non-compulsory Tzatziki sauce
- To make the tzatziki sauce, mix the entire substances in a small bowl. Combine nicely. Cowl and place within the fridge till able to serve. This may be made the day forward.
- For those who observe a dairy-free weight loss program, you’ll be able to strive our Paleo Tzatziki Sauce.
Searching for steerage with meal planning? Try Real Plans, a extremely customizable on-line meal planning service that features over 300 of our very personal recipes.
The way to serve Feta Spinach Grilled Turkey Burgers
In the case of serving these tasty burgers, you’ve gotten choices!
- Serve conventional type in a bun.
- For a carb-conscious or lighter possibility serve in a lettuce wrap.
- For those who’re a salad lover like myself, serve on prime of your favourite greens.
- Serve alongside your favourite grilled or roasted greens.
Whereas these burgers are scrumptious on their very own, listed here are some scrumptious topping and fixings you’ll be able to add to take your meal to the subsequent stage!
The way to retailer Feta Spinach Grilled Turkey Burgers
Retailer cooled, leftover burgers in a glass airtight container within the fridge for as much as Four days. As a result of these burgers reheat properly, they make for an ideal meal prep possibility, too!
The way to freeze Feta Spinach Grilled Turkey Burgers
These burgers are additionally freezer-friendly. Merely freeze the cooled burgers in a glass airtight container for as much as Three months. I prefer to separate them with parchment paper for straightforward elimination in order that I can reheat only one for a fast lunch or a number of for a simple weeknight household meal. You may reheat utilizing a microwave. Begin with 2 minutes after which 30-second increments till burger is reheated. You may also use a pan over medium warmth. Add somewhat water to the pan with the burger, and canopy till reheated.
Can I make Feta Spinach Grilled Turkey Burgers on the stovetop?
Completely! A grill pan that you should utilize on the stovetop over medium-high warmth would work nice for this recipe. Spray the pan with non-stick oil and observe the directions as written. You can additionally use a daily pan.
Different floor turkey recipes to strive!
- 1 lb. floor turkey (93/7)
- 2 tsp. olive oil or avocado oil
- 3 huge handfuls spinach, roughly chopped (~ Three oz)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup feta cheese, crumbled (~ 2-2 ½ oz.) (omit for dairy-free)
- 1 ½ tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. crushed pink pepper flakes
Elective Tzatziki sauce:
- ½ cup grated English cucumber, squeezed to take away water*
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp. recent dill (or 1 tsp. dried)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat the grill to 425ºF-450ºF. A grill pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray over medium-high warmth on the range additionally works (observe the recipe as written).
- Place a pan over medium warmth on the range or grill. Add the oil and as soon as sizzling add the roughly chopped spinach and garlic. Cook dinner till spinach is wilted. Take away from warmth and let cool barely earlier than making the burgers.
- In a bowl mix the entire substances and blend nicely.
- Spray fingers with somewhat cooking spray and kind into 4-5 massive patties. Patties will weigh about 6 oz. every if making 4 (4.Eight ouncesif making 5). Press a number of further crumbles of feta cheese into the patties.
- Grill for 10 min on one facet, flip and grill for one more 6-Eight min or till cooked by means of (160ºF inside temp).
- Serve between a bun, wrapped in a lettuce leaf, or on prime of greens with fixings of alternative akin to onions (suggest pickled onions), lettuce leaf, tomatoes, cucumber slices, feta crumbles, and/or tzatziki sauce.
- Elective Tzatziki Sauce: To make the tzatziki sauce, mix the entire substances in a small bowl. Combine nicely. Cowl and place within the fridge till able to serve. This may be made the day forward. For dairy-free Tzatziki sauce, do this paleo version.
*place grated cucumber on a double layer of paper towel. Place a double layer of paper towel on prime of the cucumber. Press to soak up liquid. Doesn’t should be utterly absorbed simply sufficient in order that it’s not extraordinarily watery.
- Serving Measurement: 1 burger (1/Four of recipe – burger solely)
- Energy: 225
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 500 mg
- Fats: 12 g
- Saturated Fats: Three g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 25 g
Pin now, make later!
All images and content material are copyright protected. Please don’t use our images with out prior written permission. For those who want to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your personal distinctive phrases and hyperlink again to the supply recipe right here on The Actual Meals Dietitians. Thanks!
Photograph Credit score: The images on this weblog put up have been taken by Jess of Plays Well with Butter.